Ole Miss announces future home-and-home series with Charlotte
Ole Miss continues to fill out future non-conference football schedules this summer, with another home-and-home series announced on Tuesday.
The Rebels will play two games against the Charlotte 49ers in 2026 and 2027, the schools announced. Ole Miss will travel to Charlotte, N.C. on Sept. 12, 2026 and the 49ers will come to Oxford for the first time on Sept. 4, 2027.
The game in 2026 will be the first meeting between the two programs. Ole Miss holds a current record of 36-9 against Conference USA opponents. First-year head coach Lane Kiffin spent the last three seasons at Florida Atlantic, where he won two C-USA titles. The Rebels will also face C-USA member Middle Tennessee State in 2024.
Future Ole Miss Non-Conference Opponents through 2037:
- 2020 – Baylor (in Houston), Southeast Missouri, Connecticut, Georgia Southern
- 2021 – Louisville (in Atlanta), Austin Peay, Tulane, Liberty
- 2022 – at Georgia Tech, Troy, Central Arkansas, Tulsa
- 2023 – Georgia Tech, Mercer, at Tulane
- 2024 – at Wake Forest, Middle Tennessee, Furman
- 2025 – at Southern California, Wake Forest, Citadel, Tulane
- 2026 – at Charlotte, Southern California
- 2027 – Charlotte, Oregon State
- 2028 – South Alabama, Alcorn State
- 2029 – at South Alabama
- 2030 – at Oregon State
- 2032 – at Virginia Tech
- 2033 – Purdue
- 2034 – at Purdue
- 2037 – Virginia Tech